Thursday, April 9, 2009

Days of Creation


This is my color sketch which I gave to the Visual Arts committee. We all became very excited about how cool it would look as part of the Easter Vigil service as the scripture from the first book of Genesis would be read, and each banner would lower to make a complete visual. 
(However many days God actually spent Creating our Universe is not my concern here, for the sake of Design I have six days and six banners to illustrate a very big subject!)
In the following weeks of enthusiasm, fabric was purchased, and the banners were constructed and sewn by many helpful hands. Six giant bolts of lovely white denim were delivered to me last week and I began some long days of creative intensity. 
I have had some very willing and talented volunteers to help me paint. And the work is still going on today, I still have all the fish in the sea and birds in the sky to draw right now. My feet and legs are very sore from standing and painting for 12 to 14 hours a day.
Future posts to come showing progress and finished project!