Saturday, October 10, 2009

The new design

I redesigned my website. My family calls this effort my "hobby". It is true that I am frequently working on it and months go by without anything to show for it. Isn't it also true that it is hardest to design something (like promotional material) for yourself?
A wise friend finally said to me "Think of it as just one of many websites you will do, not your ONLY one" Good advice. That does take the pressure off somewhat.
I thought about that advice when I ran the Chicago Marathon, (I have finished 3 times now) and it helped to think "this isn't my only chance, I can try again". So enjoy the race while you are out there, don't think of it as the only time you'll ever run it. (Pardon me for bragging on my own blog.)
So there it is, another attempt to show my stuff on my website and naturally as soon as it is up and running I will want to change it all again.