Wednesday, October 26, 2011


"Nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely."
Auguste Rodin (1840-1917)
(A quote from the label on my Good Earth tea bag, one of my favorite reading venues.)

I have had the time to attend several sessions lately where I can draw or paint from the live model. Instead of falling back on pencil drawing which is easier for me, I have been bringing canvas and Golden Open Acrylic (supposedly slower drying and better blending) with me to class. And I have been setting up and painting during the long poses. This is new for me and very challenging.

It seems that the harder I work at painting in my Life drawing class, the less I am happy with the result. So I am waiting for all the "experience" to kick in. I am sure it is not a waste of time, but a valuable learning opportunity.


Frank P. Ordaz said...

Great. Keep it up. Do alot. It will kick in. Believe me. You've got the chops girl!!!!!

Janice Skivington said...

Thank you Frank, that means a lot coming from you!

Laura Tabbut said...

Golden Open Acrylics. Do you like working with these? Tell me more...