Friday, November 2, 2012

Highlights Magazine and sitting an exam

Who does not love Highlights Magazine for Children? Who does not have memories of reading back issues in a doctor or dentist office while waiting for Mom or the siblings to come back? I still read the issues when I am waiting in the office wherever.
This post is in honor of one of my kids who is sitting the ACT college entrance exam this week, we are hoping for his great success!
 And I should mention that another one of my daughters willingly posed for this illustration, making lots of funny faces for me. This illustration appeared with a poem in Highlights Magazine. I used my colored pencil style on this one (and for the LadyBug art previously), sometimes I switch materials if the story seems better served by a softer touch.